Sunday, October 16, 2011

OK YEAH & S/mileage comments

Before continuing, make sure you're aware than anything written in this post is purely my OPINION, which I have a right to share. If you don't agree with it, then you don't have to read it, so no hating.

I mentioned in my review of 12, Smart that I couldn't wait to see the dance for OK YEAH since it was such a fun song. Well today My-chuu posted a ...weird version -forgot the word- of a supposedly uneditted copy of the concert perf for Give me Ai and OK YEAH, so I'm gonna give my opinion on the video.


First off, I just wanna say, I don't see how this is the "uneditted version" at all, but I'm probably not the best person to ask either.

Ok onto the actual comments. The "dance" starts off like a typical concert: lots of chanting like motions, nothing special. But when it gets to actual dance you'll find that it looks like your typical Para Para dance like that of just about any Hinoi Team dance or Morning Musume's SEXY BOY ~Soyokaze ni Yorisotte~. This really disappointed me at first, in all honesty. I really thought such an upbeat song would have a much more complicated dance with a faster tempo. But as I kept watching it's not that bad. It's true that it's the same motions over and over again, but the "instrumental" part in the middle was cute and since the dance it the way it is, the members don't "have" to be in any certain position, this will be beneficial to Aika when she can re-join the members on stage, as well as the next generation. If they plan to perform this again in the future, at least. I really hope they do, it's a really fun song, I'd like to see it as an opening to a future H!P concert. Can you imagine 30 people doing a Para para dance to open a concert?

Taking everything into consideration, I have to say that I love this dance, despite the original expectations I had for it. I love how they did the "Yeah yeah..." parts, for sure, at the very least, so I'm happy.


Now, moving onto the topic of S/mileage. It was recently announced that all 4 remaining sub-members would become official members of S/mileage. I'm happy that all 4 of them got in. I somehow felt that no matter how many of the girl's got in, Meimi would be among them. She seems to be the fan favorite, not to mention her past performance with S/mileage in the Shugo Chara Musical, so, like Riho, she's already worked with the group previously. Take-chan was my personal favorite, since I already knew her from Shin Minimoni and I knew she was a good singer. Rina was my 2nd favorite, just because she was also an egg, so she must have some experience (not to mention I'm casted as her in a project -bias-). For Kana, I didn't really have much of an opinion on her. I didn't dislike her by any means, but I thought she looked kinda weird, and forgetting the lyrics in her audition turned me off (I don't blame her, but still), so I just never formed an opinion on her, I haven't seen the S/mileage concert, though, and the sub-members didn't get any solos in Tachiagaaru, so I don't know her voice at all.

With the addition of these new members, S/mileage is now a 7 member group, I'm really hoping to see some good stuff come out of them, since for me S/mileage has been going downhill since they officially debuted (though Uchouten Love was good). All I know is that I'm gonna be really pissed if they play the "favorites" game with the lead singer. Up until now, S/mileage has been, for me at least, the only fair group left in H!P. I know it's not completely fair, but ever since Natsu Dakara came out, I've been mad at Buono's line distribution and I've really started to notice how much Airi has actually whored in Buono, and I'm still not totally convinced C-ute has become fair. But They're definitely closer than with SHOCK - not that that was a C-ute song.

Well, that's it for me. Peace out I guess >.> *waddles off to do homework that I shouldn't have saved for Sunday night*

No comments:

Post a Comment