Saturday, February 21, 2015

Berryz Koubou Top 100! (Part 1 | 51-100)

Everything I put on my blog is purely my opinion. No offense is ever intended, and I do not ever claim my opinion to be any more "right" than anyone else's, so please return the favor and pay me the same respect. Thank you.



A while back it was announced that Berryz Koubou would be going on an indefinite hiatus as of Spring 2015. With their final performance right around the corner, I decided to dedicate my first blog post in forever to them by coming up with a list of my top 100 Berryz songs. I'll warn you now, it may not be incredibly accurate, because ranking 100 songs is really hard, but I hope you give them a listen. Enjoy.



#100 - Kaccho ee!
Single/Album - Piriri to Yukou
Featured members - Shimizu Saki, Tsugunaga Momoko, Tokunaga Chinami, Sudou Maasa, Natsuyaki Miyabi, Ishimura Maiha, Kumai Yurina, and Sugaya Risako.
Although I don't listen to it much, I really do like Kaccho ee! It's a very cute, energetic, up-beat song that's fun to listen to every once in a while. It gets repetitive by the time you get to the end, but I think it's good for what it is. 





#99 - Koi no Jubaku
Single/Album - Koi no Jubaku
Featured members - Shimizu SakiTsugunaga MomokoTokunaga ChinamiSudou MaasaNatsuyaki MiyabiIshimura MaihaKumai Yurina, and Sugaya Risako.
I tend to be really biased against Koi no Jubaku just because of how exposed I was to the song when I was first getting into H!P and Japanese music in general, but I don't think it's a bad song. In fact, when I manage to put aside my biases, I really like the song. Honestly the only thing I can think that would bump this song significantly would be if it had a bit better line distribution.


#98 - 21ji Made no Cinderella
Single/Album - 21ji Made no Cinderella
Featured members - Shimizu SakiTsugunaga MomokoTokunaga ChinamiSudou MaasaNatsuyaki MiyabiIshimura MaihaKumai Yurina, and Sugaya Risako.
Although it's not one of my favorite songs, 21ji Made no Cinderella is a pretty good song in it's own right. There's a lot of better songs, but it's not the worst. I'd say my only issue with it is the fact it was Maiha's last single </3.


#97 - Waracchaou yo BOYFRIEND
Single/Album - Waracchaou yo BOYFRIEND
Featured members - Shimizu SakiTsugunaga MomokoTokunaga ChinamiSudou MaasaNatsuyaki MiyabiKumai Yurina, and Sugaya Risako.
Although the song itself isn't that great, I really like the format of the song. I tend to really enjoy songs that have chaotic line distribution, but still in a consistent way... I guess? Dunno, I just really like the sound of it personally.


#96 - Yuujou Junjou oh Seishun
Single/Album - Happiness ~Koufuku Kangei~
Featured members - Shimizu SakiTsugunaga MomokoTokunaga ChinamiSudou MaasaNatsuyaki MiyabiIshimura MaihaKumai Yurina, and Sugaya Risako.
It's not one of their best songs, but I think it has a fun feel to it. It's great if you wanna listen to something that have you rocking out or something, I guess? I don't know, I just like the song, OKAY? @_@


#95 - Chu! Natsu Party
Single/Album - 3 Natsu Natsu Mini Berryz
Featured members - Tokunaga ChinamiNatsuyaki Miyabiand Kumai Yurina.
Chu! Natsu Party was one of the first Berryz songs I heard (I actually heard their version before the original), I don't like it near as much as I did back then, but I still like it. These three girls sound amazing together and they really suit the song.


#94 - Ryuusei Boy
Single/Album - Watashi no Mirai no Danna-sama/Ryuusei Boy
Featured members - Shimizu SakiTsugunaga MomokoTokunaga ChinamiSudou MaasaNatsuyaki MiyabiKumai Yurina, and Sugaya Risako.
I personally think Ryuusei Boy is an amazing song in itself. The main reason it's so low on my list is because of the line distribution. Back when I fandubbed, I only ever got to sing the song as Captain. Who literally only has 4 lines... So it's horrible of me, but I've never been able to get the bad taste out of my mouth of that experience, so I've been biased against the song ever since. But other than that, I really do like the song.


#93 - Dschinghis Khan
Single/Album - Dschinghis Khan
Featured members - Shimizu SakiTsugunaga MomokoTokunaga ChinamiSudou MaasaNatsuyaki MiyabiKumai Yurina, and Sugaya Risako.
Dschinghis Khan isn't really one of my favorite songs, but when I'm in the mood to listen to it, I freaking rock out. It doesn't happen often, but when it does I really love the song.


#92 - Himitsu no U.ta.hi.me.
Single/Album - 21ji Made no Cinderella
Featured members - Shimizu SakiTsugunaga MomokoTokunaga ChinamiSudou MaasaNatsuyaki MiyabiIshimura MaihaKumai Yurina, and Sugaya Risako.
Again, it's not a song I get in the mood to listen to often, but when I do I enjoy it. It's a nice slowish song, but not slow enough to be incredibly boring. Plus, the line distribution gives you a nice show of all of the girls solo as well as in nice groups. Just a pleasant listen in my opinion.


#91 - Ai no Dangan
Single/Album - Ai no Dangan
Featured members - Shimizu SakiTsugunaga MomokoTokunaga ChinamiSudou MaasaNatsuyaki MiyabiKumai Yurina, and Sugaya Risako.
I have had a lot of mixed feelings about this song ever since it came out. I never was able to figure out whether I liked it or not. I really enjoy the sound of it, but at the same time I don't. I'm pretty sure it comes down to a couple things, one: It kinda annoys me that the verses are group parts and the choruses are solos... I prefer the other way around personally, and two: It's so repetitive. But I still can't say I don't like it, because I enjoy listening to it anyway. It has it's own special charm. 


#90 - Suhada Pichipichi
Single/Album - Waracchaou yo BOYFRIEND
Featured members - Shimizu SakiTsugunaga MomokoTokunaga ChinamiSudou MaasaNatsuyaki MiyabiKumai Yurina, and Sugaya Risako.
I really love Suhada Pichipichi. The main reason it's so low is because I usually skip it when it comes on, though I'm not really sure why, because if I listened like 30 seconds into it I would probably not skip it. The opening is a bit annoying, but the song is adorable and fun and energetic and it's amazing.


#89 - Asian Celebration
Single/Album - Asian Celebration
Featured members - Shimizu SakiTsugunaga MomokoTokunaga ChinamiSudou MaasaNatsuyaki MiyabiKumai Yurina, and Sugaya Risako.
Asian Celebration makes me sad sometimes, because I love everything about it other than 2 things: the talking parts, and Miya's hair... But luckily I'm referring to the song than the video when I rank it, so yes, the talking lines really bring this song down so low for me. But I really like the verses... a lot. They're so catchy.


#88 - BERRY FIELDS
Single/Album - Anata Nashi de wa Ikite Yukenai
Featured members - Shimizu SakiTsugunaga MomokoTokunaga ChinamiSudou MaasaNatsuyaki MiyabiIshimura MaihaKumai Yurina, and Sugaya Risako.
My only real complaints about BERRY FIELDS would have to be how repetitive it is, and how it flows so quickly from the verses to the chorus that I'm honestly not sure which part is supposed to be considered the chorus. Other than that, I love the song. I think it sounds really sweet. It's pretty good considering it's their very first single's B-side.

Click here for video because it's not on youtube and Blogger doesn't let me post Dailymotion videos as videos

#87 - CLAP!
Single/Album - 5(FIVE)
Featured members - Tokunaga ChinamiNatsuyaki Miyabiand Kumai Yurina.
Much like Chu! Natsu Party, CLAP! was one of the first Berryz songs I found and I loved it back then. Since then I've really grown away from it, but I can bring myself to not like it because of the memories it brings back. Plus, it's really not a bad song. It's not great, but it's not bad.


#86 - Natsu Wakame
Single/Album - Fighting Pose wa Date Ja nai
Featured members - Shimizu SakiTsugunaga MomokoTokunaga ChinamiSudou MaasaNatsuyaki MiyabiIshimura MaihaKumai Yurina, and Sugaya Risako.
Natsu Wakame is just an adorable song. It really suits the girls from when they were younger. It's not a great song, but I personally like it. It's a nice song to listen to once in a while, though maybe not a lot.


#85 - Kimi no Tomodachi
Single/Album - 6th Otakebi Album
Featured members - Shimizu SakiTsugunaga MomokoTokunaga ChinamiSudou MaasaNatsuyaki MiyabiKumai Yurina, and Sugaya Risako.
I really enjoy the cool feel Kimi no Tomodachi has to it. I don't know how fond I am of the strange transition between the verses and the choruses tunes, but I love the sound of the verses, and I like the sound of the choruses, so I can deal with it. I also love that you get a nice feel of all of the girl's voices while Risako, Miyabi, and Momoko can still be their line hogging selves ;'D.


#84 - Darling I LOVE YOU (Berryz Koubou Ver)
Single/Album - Dschinghis Khan
Featured members - Shimizu SakiTsugunaga MomokoTokunaga ChinamiSudou MaasaNatsuyaki Miyabi, Kumai Yurina, and Sugaya Risako (Featuring C-ute).
Darling I LOVE YOU is, I believe, the first Berikyuu song that was released. I wish there were a few more solos, but considering there are 14 members total featured in the song, I understand there only being a few. The song just sounds really nice and I enjoy listening to it once in a while.


#83 - Sakura wa Raku sa
Single/Album - 4th Ai no Nanchara Shishuu
Featured members - Shimizu SakiTsugunaga MomokoTokunaga ChinamiSudou MaasaNatsuyaki Miyabi, Kumai Yurina, and Sugaya Risako.
I personally find Sakura wa Raku sa really catchy. It's one of those songs that I don't know hardly any of the lyrics, and yet I still try and sing along every time it comes on. It just has so many different sounds to it and it somehow makes it work.


#82 - Yuke Yuke Monkey Dance
Single/Album - Yuke Yuke Monkey Dance
Featured members - Shimizu SakiTsugunaga MomokoTokunaga ChinamiSudou MaasaNatsuyaki MiyabiKumai Yurina, and Sugaya Risako.
Yuke Yuke Monkey Dance is one of those songs I've never been able to take really seriously, but that's okay, because I'm pretty sure it isn't supposed to be taken seriously. It's a silly song that's fun to listen to and try and sing along with. And watch. Even if the video isn't being considered in the ranking, the video is freaking hilarious and the girls look like they're having so much fun!


#81 - Shining Power
Single/Album - Shining Power
Featured members - Shimizu SakiTsugunaga MomokoTokunaga ChinamiSudou MaasaNatsuyaki Miyabi, Kumai Yurina, and Sugaya Risako.
Although I don't like the song as much as other songs, I was really happy when Shining Power came out and featured so much Yurina. Up until this song, Yurina had been 4th place in the solo count in most to all of the songs for a long time, so it was really refreshing to get a song which Yurina was the center of, and it's not a bad song either.


#80 - Watashi no Mirai no Danna-sama
Single/Album - Watashi no Mirai no Danna-sama/Ryuusei Boy
Featured members - Shimizu SakiTsugunaga MomokoTokunaga ChinamiSudou MaasaNatsuyaki MiyabiKumai Yurina, and Sugaya Risako.
I was never really able to get into this song as much as most of the people I knew did when it first came out, but it's still a nice song. It's fun to sing along with, but I just never really found the appeal in it that other people did. That said, though, it's still a good song. 


#79 - Otoko no Ko
Single/Album - Berryz Koubou Special Best Vol. 1
Featured members - Shimizu SakiTsugunaga MomokoTokunaga ChinamiSudou MaasaNatsuyaki MiyabiKumai Yurina, and Sugaya Risako.
I really like the song. A lot of people I know seem to dislike the song, but I personally think it sounds really cool and is fun to listen to and sing along with. I like a lot of songs a lot more, but I think it has it's own merits too.


#78 - Anata Nashi de wa Ikite Yukenai
Single/Album - Anata Nashi de wa Ikite Yukenai
Featured members - Shimizu SakiTsugunaga MomokoTokunaga ChinamiSudou MaasaNatsuyaki MiyabiIshimura MaihaKumai Yurina, and Sugaya Risako.
Berryz Koubou's debut song, and, in my opinion, still amazing. I counted their two newer versions separately as well, since they all have their own charm. I really enjoy the original one for the nostalgia of the girls newbie voices, as well as the presence of Maiha. It's a great song, especially considering it was their first song. (Even if they were carried by the back vocals a lot of the time, that's aside the point).


#77 - Arigatou! Otomodachi.
Single/Album - Special! Best Mini -2.5maime no Kare-
Featured members - Shimizu SakiTsugunaga MomokoTokunaga ChinamiSudou MaasaNatsuyaki Miyabi, Kumai Yurina, and Sugaya Risako.
Ever since I first found the song, I've thought this was just the cutest song ever. It sounds so sweet and happy. Even if it's not really a song I listen to much, I still really love it. That's without even talking about the video. I remember when I first found out it had a video, I was so blown back by it. It's so nice <3.




#76 - Gag 100kaibun Aishite Kudasai
Single/Album - Gag 100kaibun Aishite Kudasai
Featured members - Shimizu SakiTsugunaga MomokoTokunaga ChinamiSudou MaasaNatsuyaki MiyabiKumai Yurina, and Sugaya Risako.
Gag 100kaibun Aishite Kudasai is a really cute song that honestly gives me kind of a circus or something feel from the sound of it. I really like the verses, but I really don't like the fact that so much of the choruses were Momoko. I like how the format was set up for them (solo with a couple members joining in at the last word), but I really don't like Momoko's voice in the song, so the fact that 4 chorus parts went to Momoko is one of the main reasons this song is so low.


#75 - Pittari Shitai X'mas (Unreleased Cover Ver)
Single/Album - Kanjuku Berryz Koubou The Final Completion Box
Featured members - Shimizu SakiTsugunaga MomokoTokunaga ChinamiSudou MaasaNatsuyaki MiyabiKumai Yurina, and Sugaya Risako.
I was slightly disappoint in this when I first heard it, since I love when groups cover other groups songs. In my opinion it's not as good as the original version, but I really like how the song sounds with 7 people, and I do really like this song, so I can't bring myself to dislike it by any means.



#74 - Yume wo Hitotsubu ~Berryz Kamen Ending Theme~
Single/Album - 5(FIVE)
Featured members - Shimizu SakiTokunaga ChinamiSudou Maasaand Kumai Yurina.
Yume wo Hitotsubu it's a really pretty song, and I love how much Maasa you hear in it. I was really happy that Maasa was given the front of Berryz Kamen, even if they only released two songs. The song is really pretty and calm and I like it.



#73 - Otona na no yo!
Single/Album - Otona na no yo!/1oku 3zenman Sou Diet Oukoku
Featured members - Shimizu SakiTsugunaga MomokoTokunaga ChinamiSudou MaasaNatsuyaki MiyabiKumai Yurina, and Sugaya Risako.
It took me a long time to really care at all about this song. Now I really like it, it sounds cool and is fun to listen to and sing along with on occasion. I like plenty of songs better, but it's not bad itself.


#72 - Chotto Samishii na
Single/Album - Shining Power
Featured members - Shimizu SakiTsugunaga MomokoTokunaga ChinamiSudou MaasaNatsuyaki MiyabiKumai Yurina, and Sugaya Risako.
Chotto Samishii na is a really pretty song. It's one of those songs that it's a bit upbeat, while still being slow, so it's not boring, but it has a nice feel to it. I personally enjoy listening to it once in a while, at least.

*Video currently unavailable*

#71 - Yatto Aeta ne (New Recording)
Single/Album - Kanjuku Berryz Koubou The Final Completion Box
Featured members - Shimizu SakiTsugunaga MomokoTokunaga ChinamiSudou MaasaNatsuyaki MiyabiKumai Yurina, and Sugaya Risako.
Unfortunately, I can't find a video of it at the moment, but Yatto Aeta ne is a really nice slow song. I honestly feel like it's the second best song "goodbye" song that Berryz has released for their hiatus. I mean I like a lot of the other songs more, but I just really feel like this song better suits the theme of goodbye, with the only song doing a better job, in my opinion, is Love Together!



#70 - Otoko Mae
Single/Album - Berryz Mansion 9kai
Featured members - Tsugunaga Momoko and Kumai Yurina.
I honestly haven't heard the song much, but it's a really good song. It sounds so cool, and it's one of the songs that Momoko doesn't sing in a super cutesy voice for the most part, and it actually sounds really pleasant in my opinion. I definitely like it more than I thought I would when I initially saw the tracklist of the album.



#69 - Atarashii Hibi
Single/Album - Ai no Album 8
Featured members - Shimizu SakiTsugunaga Momokoand Natsuyaki Miyabi.
I absolutely love this song, but it's one of those songs I can't really listen to unless I'm in the mood to. It's really good, I can't deny that, I really don't know why I can't listen if I'm not in the mood for it, honestly, I just can't, which is the main reason it's so low considering how much I really do like it (well, that, and I like a lot of other stuff better.)


#68 - Nanchuu Koi wo Yatteru YOU KNOW?
Single/Album - Nanchuu Koi wo Yatteru YOU KNOW?
Featured members - Shimizu SakiTsugunaga MomokoTokunaga ChinamiSudou MaasaNatsuyaki MiyabiIshimura MaihaKumai Yurina, and Sugaya Risako.
Nanchuu Koi wo Yatteru YOU KNOW? is one of those songs that I forget just how good it is until I hear it again. When I think back on it, I really don't give it much credit, but then I hear it and I remember just why I love it. It's such a great song and I feel like it doesn't get the credit it deserves considering we never hear it anymore.


#67 - Halation Summer
Single/Album - 3 Natsu Natsu Mini Berryz
Featured members - Shimizu SakiTsugunaga Momokoand Sudou Maasa.
This is the kind of thing I want to hear when I hear a cover of a song. I personally think their version is much better than the original just by the new composition alone. The vocals aren't the best, but I really don't care, because I feel like they at least suit the new sound that the song offers compared to the original.




#66 - Piriri to Yukou!
Single/Album - Piriri to Yukou!
Featured members - Shimizu SakiTsugunaga MomokoTokunaga ChinamiSudou MaasaNatsuyaki MiyabiIshimura MaihaKumai Yurina, and Sugaya Risako.
I can't listen to Piriri to Yukou without getting tons of nostalgia. I don't like the song much in itself as much as I enjoy the listening to it and just remembering so much of the past I've had both with Berryz and with Japanese music in general. Though the song itself is pretty good, too.


#65 - Succhaka Mecchaka~
Single/Album - Berryz Mansion 9kai
Featured members - Shimizu SakiTsugunaga MomokoTokunaga ChinamiSudou MaasaNatsuyaki MiyabiKumai Yurina, and Sugaya Risako.
I don't like the song as much as my friends seemed to like it when it first came out, but I do give it some credit. It's a really fun song and it's cool to listen to once in a while at the very least. Plus those outfits are adorable /end irrelevant comments.



#64 - Warera Jeanne (New Recording)
Single/Album - Kanjuku Berryz Koubou The Final Completion Box
Featured members - Shimizu SakiTsugunaga MomokoTokunaga ChinamiSudou MaasaNatsuyaki MiyabiKumai Yurina, and Sugaya Risako.
The video isn't the right version, but still. The song just sounds so cool, and it's really pretty. There are some parts that are quick and I'm not sure what language they're supposed to be in (and I'm too lazy to look it up), I'm guessing French, but don't hold me to that. Anyway, I really like those parts. They sound amazing even though I'm pretty sure they butcher the language, I don't really care, I like it.




#63 - Fighting Pose wa Date Ja nai
Single/Album - Fighting Pose wa Date Ja nai
Featured members - Shimizu SakiTsugunaga MomokoTokunaga ChinamiSudou MaasaNatsuyaki MiyabiIshimura MaihaKumai Yurina, and Sugaya Risako.
The first Berryz song song to introduce horrible line distribution, but I still like the song. Fighting Pose wa Date Ja nai is another song that I have a lot of fond memories of, and it itself is a really good song, I think. I would always like it more with better distribution, but it's one of the few songs that doesn't actually bother me too much with the distribution for some reason.


#62 - Joshi Basket Bu ~Asaren Atta Hi no Kamigata~
Single/Album - Dai 2 Seichouki
Featured members - Shimizu SakiTsugunaga MomokoTokunaga ChinamiSudou MaasaNatsuyaki MiyabiKumai Yurina, and Sugaya Risako.
Joshi Basket Bu is just a really cute song in my opinion. I probably have slight bias to it because the 4 girls who are usually back vocals are the leads of the song, but I feel like I would like this song even if it was the typical leads. I love singing along with it and just listening to it in general.


#61 - Semi
Single/Album - 1st Chou Berryz
Featured members - Shimizu SakiTsugunaga MomokoTokunaga ChinamiSudou MaasaNatsuyaki MiyabiIshimura MaihaKumai Yurina, and Sugaya Risako.
I have a lot of mixed feelings about Semi. I wrote lyrics to the tune of it (not a translation, though) that are really personal and bring back a lot of painful memories, but I can't bring myself to dislike the song because of that. It's a really pretty song, and it sounds really sad. It's one of those songs that pull at my heart, and I love songs that do that.



#60 - Aa, Yo ga Akeru
Single/Album - Aa, Yo ga Akeru
Featured members - Shimizu SakiTsugunaga MomokoTokunaga ChinamiSudou MaasaNatsuyaki MiyabiKumai Yurina, and Sugaya Risako.
When the song first came out, I wasn't really impressed, but since then Aa, Yo ga Akeru has really grown on me. I like a lot of songs more, but I do really like the song. It's got an interesting sound to it, and I feel like it's one of the few songs that actually makes really good use of the vocal effects to make the song sound better.



#59 - Ai ni wa Ai Desho?
Single/Album - 6th Otakebi Album
Featured members - Tsugunaga Momoko and Natsuyaki Miyabi.
Perhaps I'm a bit biased to this duo since I was introduced to H!P through Buono!, but I really like Ai ni wa Ai Desho? anyway. But it's not just because it's these two. I like the sound of it, and it's fun to listen to and sing along with. I especially like the "Forever cuz I'm in... Looooove" parts x3.



#58 - Sprinter!
Single/Album - 4th Ai no Nanchara Shishuu
Featured members - Shimizu Saki and Natsuyaki Miyabi.
Although I don't like it as much as I used to, Sprinter! is another one of the first songs I heard from Berryz (See a pattern yet?) so I have a bit of a bias to it. Plus, there's the fact that it's a duet between my two favorite members... that kinda helps with the bias too. But the song in itself is really good too.


#57 - Magical Future!
Single/Album - 7 Berryz Times
Featured members - Shimizu SakiTsugunaga MomokoTokunaga ChinamiSudou MaasaNatsuyaki MiyabiKumai Yurina, and Sugaya Risako.
I didn't give Magical Future! much of a chance the first time I heard it, but then I gave it another shot a bit later and loved it. It's in the category with Nanchuu Koi wo Yatteru YOU KNOW? though, I tend to forget just how much I love it until I listen to it again.


#56 - Nanda Kanda de Ii Kanji!
Single/Album - Berryz Mansion 9kai
Featured members - Tokunaga Chinami and Sudou Maasa.
I'm pretty sure Nanda Kanda de Ii Kanji is the only song on the album that I liked from the first time I heard it. I initially gave it a listen because I didn't think Chinami and Maasa would be able to blend well and wanted to hear how they made it work. I personally think they don't blend well, but that the way the song is, it actually works really well as it is.



#55 - Thank You Very Berry (New Recording)
Single/Album - Kanjuku Berryz Koubou The Final Completion Box
Featured members - Shimizu SakiTsugunaga MomokoTokunaga ChinamiSudou MaasaNatsuyaki MiyabiKumai Yurina, and Sugaya Risako.
Once again, this is the wrong version, but it gets the point across. I really like the song. It's sweet and I feel like it. I feel like the song suits these girls really well and it brings out some of the best I've heard from them.



#54 - ROCK Erotic
Single/Album - Motto Zutto Issho ni Itakatta/ROCK Erotic
Featured members - Shimizu SakiTsugunaga MomokoTokunaga ChinamiSudou MaasaNatsuyaki MiyabiKumai Yurina, and Sugaya Risako.
I really really like ROCK Erotic. I think the main reason it's so low on my list is because I was a bit disappointed in it. I don't know what I expected, but I expected more when I saw the announcement. But the song's good and the line distribution isn't bad, so I still really like it.



#53 - Joshikai The Night
Single/Album - 7 Berryz Times
Featured members - Shimizu SakiTsugunaga MomokoTokunaga ChinamiSudou MaasaNatsuyaki MiyabiKumai Yurina, and Sugaya Risako.
I've loved Joshikai The Night since I first heard it. Honestly, I don't even know why, but I just think it sounds amazing. It has a really cool feel too it and I like the line distribution too, so that's a bonus.

*Video currently unavailable*

#52 - Marui Taiyou (Unreleased Cover Ver)
Single/Album - Kanjuku Berryz Koubou The Final Completion Box
Featured members - Shimizu SakiNatsuyaki MiyabiKumai Yurina, and Sugaya Risako.
Marui Taiyou has never been one of my favorite songs, though I do really like it. But something about this version just touches me. I definitely like it more than the original, and I just think it's freaking amazing. I actually think the fact that there aren't really any solos adds to the charm of the song. It's a nice change of pace.


#51 - Bye Bye Mata ne
Single/Album - 1st Chou Berryz
Featured members - Shimizu SakiTsugunaga MomokoTokunaga ChinamiSudou MaasaNatsuyaki MiyabiIshimura MaihaKumai Yurina, and Sugaya Risako.
Bye Bye Mata ne took me so long to listen to without crying. It's one of the songs that I feel gets across a strong sorrowful feeling just through the sound of it. That's before I even count the perf I've seen of Maiha's graduation concert with everyone crying. I just think it's perfect for what it is. It's just a song I can't listen too much because it's so sad.




I'm not sure I've I'm gonna post the remaining 50 in the same post like this one or break it down into smaller posts. It'll depend on how much time I have since I want to get the rest up before Berryz final day. But thanks for reading, and I hope you enjoyed listening to some songs, and I also hope you gave some songs you didn't know a listen and possibly enjoyed them. Sorry I haven't posted in like... a year. And I wont promise that I'll post anytime in the future either. It'll just be a thing I do when I want to.

Anyway, have a nice day/night/whatever. Thanks again.

No comments:

Post a Comment